Home » United States » What city in New Jersey is closest to New York City?
In terms of commute, Downtown Hoboken is very close to NYC, offering path train and ferry service from Hoboken Station. The commute time to Lower Manhattan is less than 10 minutes and about 20-25 minutes to Herald Square.
- 1 What NJ town is closest to NYC?
- 2 What NJ county is closest to NYC?
- 3 What part of NJ is closest to Brooklyn?
- 4 How far apart are New York City and New Jersey?
- 5 What part of Jersey is near NYC?
- 6 Can I live in NJ and work in NY?
- 7 What part of New Jersey is closest to the Bronx?
- 8 Is New Jersey close to New York?
- 9 What is the best area to live in New Jersey?
- 10 Is New Jersey East or West?
- 11 Which city is close to East Coast?
- 12 Which city is far from Brooklyn in New York?
- 13 How many minutes drive from NY to NJ?
- 14 How long is a bus ride from New York to New Jersey?
- 15 Is it cheaper to live in NY or NJ?
- 16 Are taxes higher in New York or New Jersey?
- 17 Are property taxes higher in NJ or NY?
- 18 What cities are close to Bronx NY?
- 19 Which state is the closest to New York?
- 20 Where should I move to in NJ?
What NJ town is closest to NYC?
NJ Gold Coast
- 1) Edgewater, New Jersey. One of the best New Jersey cities close to New York is Edgewater.
- 2) North Bergen, New Jersey. North Bergen is about 10 miles from NYC.
- 3) West New York, New Jersey.
- 4) Edison, New Jersey.
- 5) Iselin, New Jersey.
- 6) Weehawken, New Jersey.
- 7) Secaucus, New Jersey.
- 8) Union City, New Jersey.
What NJ county is closest to NYC?
NJ Towns Close to NYC
- LIST BY COUNTY.
What part of NJ is closest to Brooklyn?
Cities near Brooklyn, New York:
- New York, NY.
- Jersey City, NJ.
- Hoboken, NJ.
- Bayonne, NJ.
- Weehawken, NJ.
- Union City, NJ.
- West New York, NJ.
- Guttenberg, NJ.
How far apart are New York City and New Jersey?
Distance between New York and New Jersey is 88 KM / 54.9 miles.
What part of Jersey is near NYC?
Weehawken, New Jersey
Weehawken, also known as NoHo, is parallel to Midtown Manhattan and is separated by the Hudson River. Weehawken’s location is convenient for those that work in New York City and live in the best areas of New Jersey as it’s only 6.7 miles via West Street.
Can I live in NJ and work in NY?
YES. If you live in Jersey City or anywhere in New Jersey and commute to New York, you have to file in both states. In fact, if you are commuting, your employer is required to withhold your New York taxes and even report your wages earned to New Jersey.
What part of New Jersey is closest to the Bronx?
Boroughs of New York City
- The Bronx (Bronx County)
- Brooklyn (Kings County)
- Manhattan (New York County)
- Queens (Queens County)
- Staten Island (Richmond County)
Is New Jersey close to New York?
New Jersey is one of the 50 federal states of the United States of America, located in the northeastern US mainland. It borders the State of New York in the north and northeast, Delaware, across Delaware Bay, in the south and southwest, and Pennsylvania in the west across the Delaware River.
What is the best area to live in New Jersey?
The 6 Best Places to Live in New Jersey (Ya Know, If You’re Looking to Relocate)
- PRINCETON, NJ. Coldwell Banker recently announced a list of the ten best places to live in New Jersey.
- MONTCLAIR, NJ.
- MADISON, NJ.
- RIDGEWOOD, NJ.
- OCEAN CITY, NJ.
- CHERRY HILL, NJ.
Is New Jersey East or West?
Regionally, the term refers to the coastal states and area east of the Appalachian Mountains that have shoreline on the Atlantic Ocean, from north to south, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and
Which city is close to East Coast?
New York City is one of the most exciting places on the planet.
Which city is far from Brooklyn in New York?
New York City, Albany, United States ↔ Brooklyn, Albany, United States = 5 miles = 9 km.
How many minutes drive from NY to NJ?
Driving time from New York to New Jersey
The total driving time is 3 hours, 8 minutes.
How long is a bus ride from New York to New Jersey?
A bus will take between 35 and 45 minutes to get into NYC. Typically most people will use the PATH subway over express bus routes to commute from New Jersey to NYC because it is cheaper and faster.
Is it cheaper to live in NY or NJ?
The cost of living in Newark, NJ is -35.6% lower than in New York, NY. You would have to earn a salary of $38,635 to maintain your current standard of living. Employers in Newark, NJ typically pay -5.1% less than employers in New York, NY.
Are taxes higher in New York or New Jersey?
The state of New York levies a 7 percent tax on most sales and New Jersey 4 percent. New York City adds to the sales tax, but New Jersey has no local sales tax. Combined local and state sales tax brings New York City’s tax rate to an 8.625 percent, while New Jersey’s rate lowers to an average of 6.95 percent.
Are property taxes higher in NJ or NY?
“New Jersey has the third highest property tax. Plus, the state’s individual income tax burden is above average, at almost 2.5%,” said WalletHub analyst Jill Gonzalez.
New Jersey Is 2021’s State with the 7th Highest Tax Burden: Study.
|Overall Rank (1=Highest)||1|
|Total Tax Burden||12.79%|
|Property Tax Burden||4.40% (6)|
|Individual Income Tax Burden||4.96% (1)|
What cities are close to Bronx NY?
Cities 1 hour from Bronx
- 56 minutes: Staten Island, NY.
- 53 minutes: Bridgeport, CT.
- 52 minutes: Brooklyn, NY.
- 45 minutes: Jersey City, NJ.
- 45 minutes: Newark, NJ.
- 44 minutes: Norwalk, CT.
- 38 minutes: Stamford, CT.
- 37 minutes: New York, NY.
Which state is the closest to New York?
New Jersey is the closest other state to NYC. Connecticut is also not far but not as close as NJ which is just across the river.
Where should I move to in NJ?
The top inbound states (with 250 moves or more) of 2020 were: Idaho. South Carolina. Oregon.
Movin’ Out: New Jersey Tops List of States with 70% Outbound Moves.
|Inbound||Reason for Moving||Outbound|
|5.97%||35 to 44||8.82%|
|8.96%||45 to 54||2.94%|
|32.84%||55 to 64||23.53%|
|44.78%||65 or older||61.77%|
About Trevor Zboncak
Trevor Zboncak is a bit of an old grump, but he's also one of the kindest people you'll ever meet. He loves to travel and see new places, but he's not a fan of airports or long flights. Trevor has been all over the world, and he has some amazing stories to tell. He's also a great photographer, and his pictures will take your breath away.